Monday 1 January 2018

Reflection and promotion: New and most cited papers of 2017.

2017 was a fascinating year for me. This post is partly a reflection and partly a promotion of this year. I wish you an authentic and productive 2018!



It was an interesting year in that I finished my term as Associate Dean for Graduate Programs and this provided time to visit and work with great collaborators around the world, while also being able to reflect and reassess on how I manage and lead, and some next steps in my development and career. From the reflection, here are some of the things I learnt that I value:


2017 was also a productive year for research outputs. I had five new papers published (four in the area of open innovation, and one in the area of organizational resilience), and a number of my older papers continue to be well cited and used. Thank you to all my wonderful co-authors and collaborators.

Here is a list of these new papers and my top five most cited papers in 2017 according to Google Scholar.


New papers in 2017

Adaptive organizational resilience: an evolutionary perspective - in Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, 28, 33-40 (2017)

Why do some patents get licensed while others do not? - in Industrial and Corporate Change, 26 (4), 667–688, (2017)

Click here to agree: Managing intellectual property when crowdsourcing solutions - in Business Horizons, 60 (2), 207- 217, (2017)

Licensing speed: Its determinants and payoffs - in Journal of Engineering and Technology Management, 46, 52-66 (2017)

The open innovation research landscape: Established perspectives and emerging themes across different levels of analysis - in Industry and Innovation, 24 (1), 8-40 (2017) - This paper was also one of my most cited in 2017.


Most cited papers in 2017

Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media - in Business Horizons, 54 (3), 241-251, (2011)

A multidimensional conceptualization of environmental velocity - in Academy of Management Review, 35 (4), 604-626, (2010)

Is it all a game? Understanding the principles of gamification – in Business Horizons, 58, 411 – 420, (2015)

The open innovation research landscape: Established perspectives and emerging themes across different levels of analysis - in Industry and Innovation, 24 (1), 8-40 (2017)

How to work a crowd: Developing crowd capital through crowdsourcing – in Business Horizons, 58 (1), 77-85, (2015)



For more information about me and my work, follow me on:

No comments:

Post a Comment